Position: Human Resource Business Partner, Wellness and Benefits
Type: Full Time - Hybrid Position
For over 30 years, Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario (HIRO) has been committed to working with acquired brain injury (ABI) survivors and their families to address the challenges they face with dignity, respect and expertise. Our goal is to help our clients realize their full and unique potential. We are a promise of hope after ABI.
HIRO is unique in its ability to provide evidence-based, client and family centered ABI rehabilitation care in the community. We work with clients and their families to achieve goals that are meaningful for them throughout our continuum of care; from six residential care homes, to transitional living apartments and to community services including group as well as outreach. HIRO serves people from across Ontario through services in Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara, St. Catharines, and Brant regions.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to join our team at an exciting time of transformation. The HR Business Partner will function as a senior HR advisor, supporting employees and managers with employee relations and the health, safety and wellness of the workforce. They will represent the agency with external stakeholders and play a key implementation role in the HR Road Map, a transformation plan designed to ready HR for its role enabling HIRO’s success in the evolving health and human services sector.
This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, health benefits, RRSP contribution, and with on-going professional development opportunities.
This is a hybrid position which blends working virtually from home and HIRO’s main office in downtown Hamilton, and regular presence in HIRO’s service locations.
The HRBP will:
- Provide professional consultation, support and coaching on employee relations, performance improvement and employee disciplinary issues to employees and managers, including leading investigations;
- Oversee the disability management and RTW program, including WSIB claims management; conducting accident investigations; supporting management with respect to workplace injury, non-occupational disability accommodation and modified work issues;
- Oversee group benefits and RSP administration; act as resource and trouble-shooter for escalated employee benefits inquires and issues; manage LTD claims; develop and interpret policy regarding benefits and wellness program design; liaise with benefits and wellness providers and management for plan design and renewal;
- Participate in the Occupational Health and Safety Program; assist with interpretation and adherence to OH&S legislation and program; act as an internal resource for health and safety-related matters; monitor and follow-up on OH&S/ MOL/ WSIB audits/ inspections;
- Labour relations, including problem resolution, grievance responses and arbitration/ negotiation preparation;
- Act as the Designate to the Director, and other duties and tasks as assigned.
To be considered you will have:
- Post-secondary certificate in Human Resources and at least 5 years advisory experience in HR practice with focus on employee/labour relations and OH&S, ideally in a unionized healthcare organization, or equivalent blend
- Certified Human Resources Leader designation (or on track to achieve CHRL in the next year)
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR law (e.g. ESA, LRA, OHSA, OHRC), regulations and processes
- Ability to assess risk, make recommendations and influence others
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential/sensitive matter with discretion and maturity
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated skills with HRIS/Payroll systems and Office Suite
- OH&S Certification is an asset
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle is required
This position requires a current criminal reference check.
Please forward resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The role is posted until filled; qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, but not later than November 3. 2023.
HIRO values the diversity of our employees and clients; we strive to nurture an environment in which differences in culture and lived experience are understood, respected, supported and appreciated. Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted for an interview, please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process