Position: Human Resource Business Partner, Wellness and Benfits
Type: Full Time
Location: Main Office - Hamilton
For over 30 years, Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario (HIRO) has been committed to working with acquired brain injury (ABI) survivors and their families to address the challenges they face with dignity, respect and expertise. Our goal is to help our clients realize their full and unique potential. We are a promise of hope after ABI.
HIRO is unique in its ability to provide evidence-based, client and family centered ABI rehabilitation care in the community. We work with clients and their families to achieve goals that are meaningful for them throughout our continuum of care; from six residential care homes, to transitional living apartments and to community services including group as well as outreach. HIRO serves people from across Ontario through services in Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara, St. Catharines, Brant and Haldimand-Norfolk regions. During the COVID-19 pandemic HIRO has implemented a leading-edge infection prevention and control program that goes beyond legislative and regulatory requirements and adopts rigorous best practices to ensure client and staff safety.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to join our team at an exciting time of transformation. The HR Business Partner will function as a senior HR advisor, with focus on supporting employees and managers as it relates to employee and labour relations and the health, safety and wellness of the workforce. They will function as the Director’s designate as required, and play a key implementation role in HIRO’s HR Road Map, a transformation plan designed to ready HR for its role enabling HIRO’s success in the evolving health and human services sector.
This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, health benefits, RRSP contribution, and with on-going professional development opportunities.
The HRBP will:
- Provide professional consultation, support and coaching on employee relations, performance improvement and employee disciplinary issues to employees and managers, including leading investigations;
- Labour relations, including problem resolution, grievance responses and arbitration/ negotiation preparation;
- Implement and oversee the disability management and RTW program, including WSIB claims management; conducting accident investigations; supporting management with respect to workplace injury, non-occupational disability accommodation and modified work issues;
- Oversee group benefits and RSP administration; act as resource and trouble-shooter for escalated employee benefits inquires and issues; manage LTD claims.; develop and interpret policy regarding benefits and wellness program design; liaise with benefits and wellness providers and management as it relates to plan design and renewal; prepare various reports and analyses on benefit trends;
- Participate in the Occupational Health and Safety Program; assist with interpretation and adherence to OH&S legislation and program; act as an internal resource for health and safety-related matters; represent, monitor and follow-up on OH&S/ MOL/ WSIB audits/ inspections;
- Act as the Designate to the Director, and other duties and tasks as assigned.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the HRBP will work virtually from home, with a view to being based in HIRO’s main office in downtown Hamilton, with regular presence in HIRO’s service locations.
To be considered you will have:
- Post-secondary certificate in Human Resources and at least 5 years advisory experience in HR practice with focus on employee/labour relations and OH&S, ideally in a unionized healthcare organization, or equivalent blend
- Certified Human Resources Leader designation
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR law (e.g. ESA, LRA, OHSA, OHRC), regulations and processes
- Ability to assess risk, make recommendations and influence others
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential/sensitive matter with discretion and maturity
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated skills with HRIS/Payroll systems and Office Suite
- OH&S Certification is advantageous
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle is required
This position requires a current criminal reference check with vulnerable screening.
Please forward resume and cover letter to the attention of Graeme Imrie (Graeme C. Imrie & Associates) at email@example.com by November 27, 2020.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario is an equal opportunity and diversity friendly employer that encourages applications from all groups. Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted for an interview, please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.