Position: Manager, Community Services
Type: Full Time
Location: Main Office - Hamilton, ON
For over 30 years, Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario (HIRO) has been committed to working with acquired brain injury (ABI) survivors and their families to address the challenges they face with dignity, respect and expertise. Our goal is to help our clients realize their full and unique potential. We are a promise of hope after ABI.
HIRO is unique in its ability to provide evidence-based, client and family centered ABI rehabilitation care in the community. We work with clients and their families to achieve goals that are meaningful for them throughout our continuum of care; from six residential care homes, to transitional living apartments and to community services including group as well as outreach. HIRO serves people from across Ontario through services in Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara, St. Catharines, Brant and Haldimand-Norfolk regions. During the COVID-19 pandemic HIRO has implemented a leading-edge infection prevention and control program that goes beyond legislative and regulatory requirements and adopts rigorous best practices to ensure client and staff safety.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an experienced manager to join our team. The Manager of
Community Services is accountable for the development, implementation, monitoring, and
evaluation of rehabilitation programs for clients with acquired brain injuries within Group
Services and Outreach (in-home) Services. Program goals are to promote client independence
and quality of life through skill development and education. The management of
un/regulated health care providers required.
The Manager, Community Services will:
- Lead the service delivery process for clients (intake, assessment, treatment planning, monitor/modify, and evaluation).
- Utilize professional frameworks, models, and evidence-based practice to ensure activities with clients and staff are purposeful.
- Produce and/or maintain accurate, timely management records, and reports.
- Mentor and provide feedback to staff to ensure activities are implemented effectively and that documentation is completed accurately.
- Meet quarterly targets established by funders, including Quality Plan indicators.
- Analyse data and provide accurate and timely reports to relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Foster and maintain relationships with community partners.
- Embody the guiding values of client-centered rehabilitation and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Complete structured assessments, audits, and outcome measures related to functional goals identified by the client, in-alignment with the agency’s mandatate.
- Confirm treatment plants for clients with clinical team, and delegate to un/regulated direct reports.
- Collaborate with the internal clinical team and external consultants as required.
- Implement crisis intervention strategies as required.
- Participate in team/committee meetings as required (e.g. admission, transfer, clinical meetings).
- Update and manage the Group Services program logic model, including monitoring and modify Group Services implementation.
- When appropriate, supervise students on placement and/or volunteers.
- Liaise with staff, family, and the community as required.
- Perform manager on-call duties.
- Liaise between the Directors, Chief Rehabilitation Officer, and front-line staff.
- Develop and approve Groups Services monthly calendar, promotional material, program plans, and correspondences.
- Monitor client files according to agency policy, including auditing and management of direct report session notes and reports.
- Consult with senior management regarding new or unexpected events, concerns, questions, and situations.
- In partnership with Human Resources and the CRO, recruit, hire and where necessary terminate front-line employees.
To be considered you will have:
- Current member in good standing of a Regulatory College (e.g. OT, PT, OTA);
- Consideration may be given to candidates whose skill set and experiences match the program design;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and multi-talking skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Supervisory experience is a strong asset;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience in reporting program results;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
This position requires a current criminal reference check with vulnerable screening.