Position: Social Worker
Type: Full Time (14-18 month temp)
Location: Main Office (Hamilton)
For over 30 years, Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario (HIRO) has been committed to working with acquired brain injury (ABI) survivors and their families to address the challenges they face with dignity, respect and expertise.
We’re proud to have the experience needed to support people with moderate to severe ABI in the community and provide a promise of hope and a path forward after an ABI.
HIRO is unique in its ability to provide evidence-based, client and family centered ABI rehabilitation care in the community. We work with clients and their families to achieve goals that are meaningful for them throughout our continuum of care; from six residential care homes, to transitional living apartments and to community services including group as well as outreach. HIRO serves people from across Ontario through services in Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara, St. Catharines, Brant and Haldimand-Norfolk regions.
Each rehabilitation program is tailored to fit the needs of the client and supported by a network of clinical professionals, care workers, family, friends and community advocates who help facilitate transitions toward greater independence. Our goal is to help our clients realize their full and unique potential. We are a promise of hope after ABI.
The Social Worker will assess client needs and provide therapeutic counselling to clients and families. They will liaise with management, clinical team and employees to ensure that recommendations for clients are understood and can be implemented.
The ideal candidate is experienced providing psychotherapy, and has strong interpersonal skills to function as a productive member of an inter-professional team with an understanding of relevant roles.
- provides care coordination and monitors the care plan delivery of clients.
- responsible to provide social work services in the form of counseling to clients and families;
- conduct psychosocial assessments to clients and develop appropriate intervention plans and reports
- administer standardized outcome assessments where appropriate
- knowledge of current best practices in social work for individuals with an ABI
- provide therapeutic services by developing and facilitating groups on various psychosocial topics
- develop and provide necessary training to agency employees
- provide presentations to the community as needed.
- A Masters level degree in Social Work (MSW) from an Accredited University
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Three years’ social work experience, including providing therapeutic counselling
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer software programs such as word, excel and power point
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s licence is required
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
- Current criminal reference check with vulnerable screening
- Ability to speak French is an asset
Some travel required to the Niagara and Haldimand Region.
CLOSING DATE: April 10, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario is an equal opportunity and diversity friendly employer that encourages applications from all groups. Head Injury Rehabilitation Ontario offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted for an interview, please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.