“It motivates me to help a client experience a meaningful life in an environment that fosters independence and success”.
“It’s the people that matter to me. They inspire me and make me feel appreciated and essential in my work”.
The Group Services day program is located in the heart of Hamilton. Our team of Recreation Therapists, staff, clients and families develop daily programs that focus on assisting clients to achieve their goals, improve quality of life and enhance people’s overall well-being. The activities cover the domains of socialization, skill development, education, physical activation, volunteering and managing behaviours, while keeping a focus on person-centered care. Group offers virtual care programming parallel to in-person activities. Our Hamilton location has a large, accessible space which encourages clients to engage in social and recreational activities in a safe and supportive environment.
What We Offer
- Daily programming offered Monday – Friday at the main office, virtually and/or within the local community (See Group Calendar for details)
- Daily activities can include:
- Leisure and social activities
- Therapeutic recreation
- Music, pet and aroma therapies
- Skills training
- Volunteering in the community
- Incorporating art and creative expressions
- Physical exercises geared towards different abilities
- Access to clinical services offered on Clinic Wednesdays, which may include:
- Educational sessions by a behaviour therapist
- Dental hygiene
- Nursing presentations and taking vital signs
- Social work and therapeutic activities
- Case co-ordination; assisting with accessing community resources, completing applications, navigating through systems etc.
- Client participation in program development
- Developing social skills and fostering relationships with other ABI survivors
- 24-hour access to internal crisis line (i.e. HelpLine)
About Our Space
- Fully accessible recreation room
- Access to recreational activities:
- Billiards table
- TV & sound system
- Electronic games: Wii &karaoke
- Board games
- Accessible kitchen
- Access to quiet area
- Dedicated medication room for administering medication on-site
- Computer lab
- Accessible via public transit and DARTS
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.