“The clients we serve are suffering physically and emotionally from their injury. Together, we are helping them redefine their new sense of selves and find their autonomy again. It is an honour to be trusted enough to join them on this journey”.
Outreach Services provides ABI rehabilitation to clients living in the community.
The individualized rehabilitation plans facilitate achievement of client’s rehabilitation goals. The focus is on skill development in areas of independent functioning, self-direction, prevocational and vocational pursuits. Staff may assist clients with hospital/emergency department avoidance, managing medications or physical health, establishing predictable daily routines and many others.
Where We Deliver Our Services
HIRO provides ABI rehabilitation in the community, at home and through four local offices.
HIRO head office
225 King William St.,
Brantwood Community Services
25 Bell Lane, Brantford
645 Norfolk St. N., Simcoe
Haldimand Abilities Centre (HAC)
42 Main St. S., Hagersville
HIRO partners with HAC to provide therapeutic programming for clients in the region. Visit the HAC website to view the monthly calendar for programs benefiting the physical, intellectual, social and emotional aspects of our clients’ lives.
What We Offer
- Functional goal attainment
- Skill training (e.g. budgeting, organization, cooking, etc.)
- Encouraging independence with activities of daily living
- 24-hour access to internal crisis line (i.e. HelpLine)
- Virtual care services (e.g visits, counselling with social worker, therapeutic groups etc.)
- Linking and accessing community resources
- Teaching strategies to improve self-direction and memory
- Helping with appointment preparations (pre, during, post)
- Exploring vocational and avocational pursuits
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.