“To me, ABI is life changing. It means learning new skills to navigate and adapt to new situations”.
John Reesor Centre (JRC) is a six bedroom home located in an established neighbourhood in West Hamilton. JRC is home to moderate to severe ABI clients focusing on developing and maintaining independent living skills as well as social recreational engagement in the residence and in the community. JRC’s structured living environment provides a safe, stable atmosphere that facilitates community integration, skill building and functional goal attainment.
About our Home
- Fully accessible 2-storey home with finished basement
- In-home elevator with access to all floors
- Accessible communal kitchen
- Accessible laundry facilities
- 4 accessible bathrooms
- Congregate space in basement family room
- 6 single occupancy rooms;
- Furnishings provided by the client
- TV/ethernet ports available; per client expense
- Outside patio area
- Close proximity to local coffee shops and restaurants for supervised outings
- Accessible via public transit and DARTS
What We Offer
- Individualized programming based on client’s ABI rehabilitative goals.
- Structured, meaningful and consistent daily routines with an emphasis on skill building and behaviour management.
- Access to a multidisciplinary clinical team including behaviour therapy, psychiatry, social work, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech language pathology.
- Capacity to address certain mental health and addiction issues.
- One dedicated pharmacy provider; medications securely stored onsite and administered by staff.
- 24/7 on-site staff support.
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.