“It is our choices who show who we really are, more so than our abilities.”
Elmhurst is a six bedroom home located in an established neighbourhood on East Hamilton mountain. Elmhurst is home to moderate to severe ABI clients focusing on developing and maintaining independent living skills as well as social recreational engagement in the residence and in the community. Elmhurst’s structured living environment provides a safe, stable atmosphere that facilitates community integration, skill building and functional goal attainment.
About Our Home
- Fully accessible 2-storey house with finished basement
- In-home elevator with access to all floors
- Accessible communal kitchen
- Accessible laundry facilities
- 4 accessible bathrooms
- Congregate family room space on the main level
- 6 single occupancy rooms
- Furnishings provided by the client
- TV/Wi-Fi ports available; per client expense
- Fenced in backyard with outside seating and vegetable gardens
What We Offer
- Individualized programming based on client’s ABI rehabilitative goals.
- Structured, meaningful and consistent daily routines with an emphasis on skill building and behaviour management.
- Access to a multi-disciplinary clinical team including behaviour therapy, psychiatry, psychology, social work, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech language pathology.
- Capacity to address mental health and addiction issues.
- One dedicated pharmacy provider; medications stored and administered by staff.
- 24/7 on-site staff support.
- Partner with DARTS Transit for door-to-door accessible transportation; eligibility required.
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.