“The clients are the true inspiration story where we can join them in their journey to reach their ultimate success. It’s an honour to work with a great team who strive to ensure HIRO clients are valued each day”.
“The road to recovery sees incredible strength, determination, loss, empathy, fear, change, barriers, empowerment, overcoming obstacles and more. The truth is, I’ve learned far more from the clients than they could ever learn from me”.
Transitional Living Services (TLS) is located in close proximity to downtown Hamilton and supports clients along the continuum of care. The one-bedroom units are home to semi-independent acquired brain injury (ABI) clients focusing on establishing structured daily routines, addressing challenging behaviours and developing skills that will facilitate transition to a higher level of independence, re-integration into the broader community and hospital avoidance.
About our Home
- Size approx. 440 square feet
- Single occupancy only
- Furnishings provided by the client
- TV/Ethernet ports available; per client expense
- Building amenities include:
- On site laundromat
- Lounge with pool tables and exercise equipment
- Wellness room
- Outside courtyard with seating
- Weekly transportation to local grocery store
- Close proximity to downtown Hamilton
- Easy access to public transportation
What we offer
- Individualized programming based on client’s ABI rehabilitative goals.
- Structured, meaningful and consistent daily routines with an emphasis on skill building and behaviour management.
- Access to a multidisciplinary clinical team including behaviour therapy, psychiatry, social work, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech language pathology.
- One dedicated pharmacy provider; medications securely stored onsite and administered by staff.
- 24-hour access to internal crisis line (i.e. HelpLine).
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.