“The road to recovery is about working collaboratively to help rehabilitate each individual. Observing our clients reach their goals is something that amazes me every day”.
“ABI matters to me because people matter to me. We have so much to learn from these amazing people and every day is a privilege to help them live fulfilling lives”.
“It’s about the personal interactions and building a strong rapport with the individual, their family members and caregivers. Finding a common ground and being empathetic to each individual’s situation has been the key to success in helping clients reach their goals”.
Ravenda Place is a 10 bedroom home located in the heart of St. Catharines. Ravenda Place is home to moderate to severe ABI clients focusing on developing and maintaining independent living skills as well as social recreational engagement in the residence and in the community. Ravenda Place’s structured living environment provides a safe, stable atmosphere that facilitates community integration, skill building and functional goal attainment.
About our Home
- Fully accessible bungalow with finished basement
- In-home elevator with access to both floors
- 2 communal kitchens
- 1 modified for accessibility
- Accessible laundry facilities
- 5 accessible bathrooms
- Large recreation room in the basement
- 2 congregate living room spaces
- 10 single occupancy rooms
- Furnishings provided by the client
- TV/Wi-Fi ports available; per client expense
- Outside patio area with a yard
- Close proximity to Hospital, local shops and restaurants
What we offer
- Individualized programming based on client’s ABI and mental health/addictions rehabilitative goals.
- Structured, meaningful and consistent daily routines with an emphasis on skill building and behaviour management.
- Access to a multidisciplinary clinical team including behaviour therapy, psychiatry, psychology, social work, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech language pathology.
- Capacity to address mental health and addiction issues.
- One dedicated pharmacy provider; medications securely stored onsite and administered by staff.
- 24/7 on-site staff support.
- Access to accessible transportation.
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.