“My purpose and passion in life have always been intertwined – to be part of making a positive impact in the ABI community is a privilege. Through person centred care, HIRO supports clients to rebuild a resilient sense of self and nurture strengths to overcome adversity.”
Outreach Services provides ABI rehabilitation to clients living in the community.
The individualized rehabilitation plans facilitate achievement of client’s rehabilitation goals. The focus is on skill development in areas of independent functioning, self-direction, prevocational and vocational pursuits. Staff may assist clients with hospital/emergency department avoidance, managing medications or physical health, establishing predictable daily routines and many others.
Where We Deliver Our Services
HIRO provides ABI rehabilitation in the community, at home and/or virtually throughout the following regions:
- St. Catharines
What We Offer
- Functional goal attainment
- Skill training (e.g. budgeting, organization, cooking, etc.)
- Encouraging independence with activities of daily living
- 24-hour access to internal crisis line (i.e. HelpLine)
- Linking and accessing community resources
- Teaching strategies to improve self-direction and memory
- Helping with appointment preparations (pre, during, post)
- Exploring vocational and avocational pursuits
Check out Why HIRO? for more information.